Hi, I’m George.
I believe that bad decisions cause big problems. So I build tools that help people make better decisions.
Right now, I’m working at Survata, a startup that helps large enterprises plan, measure, and optimize their brand marketing.
Online, I mostly go by rogueleaderr (learn why).
Once upon a time I was a fencer and aspiring philosopher. After that, I was an analyst at a rather large hedge fund. Then I had a fun stint as an entrepreneur, and most recently I’ve been managing teams working on statistical software and data-intensive applications.
Links About Town
- I think short thoughts and tweet them.
- I think long thoughts and blog them .
- I try to look reputable on LinkedIn.
- I listen to quite a lot of music.
- I collect cute animal pictures.
- I respond to most email sent to my.name.including.middle.initial at gmail.
I use iTerm2/zsh for my terminal, emacs in that terminal, and Intellij Editors when available, and VSCode when they’re not.
At work, I rock a Macbook Pro with external Kinesis keyboard, Kensington “Slingblade” trackball, and a big ol’ widescreen external monitor. At home, I chip away on an Asus Zenbook running Ubuntu.